About the client:
The client has been building the highest quality, best-engineered stainless steel vacuum valves, fittings and components for semiconductor, scientific and high technology industries for decades.
They used manual forms and time card management practices for employees to keep track of hours worked. Associating labor or tracking labor to jobs and qty of items produced over time and available for sale was also very manual. As their business and workforce continued to grow, the manual processes in place just could not scale any further for them. In addition, they were also getting more sophisticated in the types of manufacturing processes and products being produced for very specialized high tech industries. Tracking of labor against the products being produced became even more important. The accuracy of labor calculations, ability to more effectively understand costs to jobs and visibility to completed units per job over time were components that were missing and affecting the bottom line of the company.
The client approached Annexus Solutions for a custom solution alternative to commercial software offerings they had been reviewing. They found the commercial offerings to be very expensive, not user-friendly and required expensive custom modifications to get all their requirements satisfied. After finishing their due diligence on the pros and cons of custom enterprise software versus commercial. The client selected Annexus Solutions. Annexus took the time to address all the of the clients processes and proposed a cloud based enterprise software solution that met all their needs regarding affordability, scalability and ease of use. The application addressed all functionality requirements at a very attractive price point compared to commercial solutions. Features they were looking for that Annexus delivered on:
- Smart touchscreen technology to quickly register employee by punching a pin number
- Accurately record date and time of employee arrival, breaks and departure
- Create customizable shift and lunch options for employees
- Official record of the time worked allowed automated calculation of pay due to the employee
- Allocate specific hours to specific jobs
- Review employee work summary report in real time
- Collect time data fast & accurately
- Intuitive & easy to use interface gave instant real-time insight to efficiently manage the company’s time attendance and labor specific usage against jobs.
- APIs to Epicor ERP were built to interface jobs, products, labor and inventory available for sale and shipments.
As a result of the customised labor management system, the client witnessed the following results:
- Visibility to inefficient labor practices which resulted in signiﬁcant reductions in direct and indirect labor costs.
- Employee accountability and punctuality; time records are 100% accurate
- Considerably reduced workload and expense of managing and processing employee payroll.
- Integrating data via APIs to Epicor ERP system increased data accuracy, visibility, costing and inventory availability with direct bottom line sales and profitability increases.
Looking to develop new software? We are dedicated to developing customized, user-friendly and technologically advanced systems for your business. Contact us today!